Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring Math Freebie!

Hello Everyone!!
I have been kicked back & enjoying my awesome Spring Break!!
Buuuttttt, I still have a little teacher brain going on! 

A few weeks ago I found these in the dollar spot at Target:


Aren't they the cutest Spring-y erasers!
So I made some math centers to go right along with them!


For this one, I put erasers in zip lock bags and put them around the room. They find the bag, count & write the number, then add 10 more & write the new number. So, for example, I would put bunny erasers in a baggy & write an "a" on the bag with a sharpie. That way they will know where to record the info. 
BTW~ I try to make everything a 1/2 sheet to save on copies! 


 In this center they will choose a bag of erasers, measure each item, & record the results. I would have a baggies of bunnies, carrots, or chicks already prepared. I don't allow them to switch baggies (you get what you get...) that way I don't have any confusion & ruckus! :)


Here I will have plastic eggs labeled with sharpies for each of the letters on this sheet. Then put in different amounts of chicks, bunnies, & carrots for them to write & solve addition problems. You can do 2 & 3 digit addition problems...the possibilities are endless! 
Click HERE if you would like a copy of the recording sheets! 

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT if you like them!
I am more likely to share more if I know that people are actually getting use out of them!! 

Happy Spring!! 

4 comments:

Gina said...

I saw these erasers at Target, and I snatched them up! I was using them as counters, but now I'm so grateful to have another way to use them! Another three ways! :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thank you Jen! These are great!!! I'm going to use them today!

Jen's Kinder Kids said...

Yay! I'm glad that you like it!! :)

Erin Ropelato said...

Way cute!! Thanks

Post a Comment