Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Apple Time Fun!!

Here are a few pics that I snapped around my class today during math & literacy center time...
 Here is a new center that I created & was really unsure if they would be able to handle it this early in the year. They had to find the 3 matching cards and record their cards on the sheet. They wrote the number in the circle, put the same # of dots on the 10 frame, and then colored the fingers on the hand to match the number. This was one of my lower students, and he did a great job!
 Who doesn't love making scarecrows out of pattern blocks??
 They really loved this one today....they had to put the apples in number order first, and then they had to count & attach the correct number of links....soooo many objectives hit with this center!
 My kids are great sorters, but really have a hard time explaining their sort. SO- I make a LOT of sorting stuff & we really work on the math talk of telling how we are sorting. This time this little guy was able to tell me that he sorted by size...Yay!
 Can't do an apple unit without making torn paper apples! This puts those fine motor skills in overdrive! :)
 
Here are a few literacy center pics...
 My kids love to make fold books. They have to read, write, & respond (color the apple the color that the words told them to). Then, we add these to reading bags & they read them over, & over, & over...
I printed this nifty little puzzle from Childcareland. There is some really great stuff on her site!
This is always a hit. They love to read this poem & put in their friend's name...then, they add the poem to their poetry notebooks so they can read it over, & over, & over...
 
Ok, that's it for now! I hope that everyone is having a great week!! I have 2 more days until FALL BREAK!! woo hoo!!
 
Here are some freebies for ya...just because you stuck with me until the end of this LOOOONNNGGG post! :)
Enjoy!!
 
 
 
Comments Please!! :) Let me know what you think!!
 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the apple math activities. Love them We start apples after our thanksgiving!!!!

Kelli Lundie

Lisa said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing! :)

~ Lisa
Teaching Kindergarten Kiddos

Lisa said...

What perfect timing for this freebie! We just finished our sorting unit, and we're about to learn numbers! Thanks!!

Lisa
The Lower Elementary Cottage

Karyn said...

Thanks so much for the freebies! I'm printing them out right now! Is the "Fall Match Up" activity in one of your units on TpT? I love it! Thanks!

œKaryn
A is for Apple B is for Blog
Kideducator@comcast.net

Jen's Kinder Kids said...

Check your email Karyn! :)

Post a Comment