Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This Week's Center Time...

Here are a few of the fun things that we are doing during center time to enhance our reading & writing skills...

This is my ABC magnet center. Here they make the words that are on the snowmen with the magnet letters. When they finish they write the words that they made onto the list paper.

This is a labeling center. They have to label the parts of the snowman. (Sorry the picture is so light)

This is a syllable sorting center. They have to sort the pictures by 1, 2, or 3 syllables. They are getting really good at this one.

This is a winter clothes book that they have to read & color according to what the words say. I like it because the words change from page to page so they really have to attend to the text. His says "I see red mittens".

Her page says, "I can see my orange scarf". I love that the words change and that the kids have to pay attention to what they are reading.

A winter time book for them to read/ listen to in the Listening Center.

This is a lot of my students favorite center. They have the choice to write a story, list, or card. There is an "I can" chart on the wall to remind them of their choices.

This is my write the room center. They have to look around the room for words that begin with the letters in the word mitten.

My pocket chart this week is reading environmental print. They were super excited to get their chance to go here. They love some of the print that I found.

This is not a center, but I had the picture so I thought I would add it to this post. We are learning about penguins during our science time. Today I read some non-fiction texts about penguins and tomorrow we will begin to make our tree map about them. We also love to watch the penguin web cams!

I think that's just about it...have a great rest of the week!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment