Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Off and running....

Here are a few pics of my newbies in action...
Disclaimer: We have been in school for a month! This is not something that I would do in my first week or 2 back :)! I didn't want you all to think I am crazy...ha!!

This is a write the room activity. They find the pictures in the room & write the words on their paper.

 This is a math mat activity from our math program. These little beauties hit a ton of the CCSS objectives!

This is a letter stamping (ABC) work station. I got the activity sheets from Mrs. Miners Monkey Business . They have been awesome!


This is one of my guided reading groups. We made & read our fun little fold books (you can kinda see it on the top right), then we practiced writing our new magic words. They love those white boards!! This little guy has pretty good penmanship for only being in school for 4 weeks!! 


This is the foldie that they worked on in my group. Inside the text was I _____ pencils, books, scissors...They had to write "see" on the lines and then go back & reread the book. They must've read the thing 10 times because they were so excited that they could actually read it! So cute!



This one is a little I Spy center where they look at the bus pic with the magnifying glass to find the hidden letters. Then, they record the letters in the boxes on the sheet. I got the bus picture from here. They are from A Differentiated Kindergarten but the freebie link is in the post by Mrs. Miner. The kids love using those magnifying glasses!

Ok, that's all I have for ya! My class is so cute this year & they all seem to be pretty excited about learning...Yay!! I hope that everyone has a smooth start to their year!!






2 comments:

Mrs. Miner said...

Thanks for sharing! I love to see my work in use with other "babies" around the world!
Krissy
Mrs.Miner’s Monkey Business

Jen's Kinder Kids said...

Your stuff is so great! I am so glad that I found your blog!

Post a Comment