Things that I am noticing in my students:
- I have taught them their letters & letter sounds, and the majority of my students are able to identify them all. Yay!
- I have taught high frequency words, most of the students can read them, but most of them are not trasferring this knowledge into their writing.
- I am enlisting parental help with the above concepts.
- I do not have an assistant during my reading time, and I am having a hard time meeting everyone's needs on a daily/weekly basis.
- My writing block is at the end of the day and my students are having a hard time staying focused during my mini lessons.
- More interactive and/or assisted writing early in the day.
- Having my assistant work on targeted skills with small groups instead of individually.
- Modeling my thinking...I have been trying this one out for the last couple of days, and I am starting to see some changes in my students. I am hoping that doing this more frequently will trigger their higher level thinking skills.
- Expecting more from my students!