Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa's Watching...

Hee hee hee! Was it wrong to tell the children that Santa is watching them even when they are at school? I will tell you that it is working like a charm. I even heard one of the students whisper to another that he better stop misbehaving or "she's gonna tell Santa...". Ha, ha! My class this year is full of sweet, well- behaved kids, but I can feel the excitement building and I wanted to try to keep things at a low roar for as long as I possibly can.
Technology-wise, I must say that I am having great success with ABCya and FirstinMath. The students are really surprising me with their abilities to jump into the programs and learn how to navigate & complete the tasks with success. I wish that the FirstinMath program was a little easier. The program is difficult for many of my students. I can only put my top performers on the program because the middle & low performing students are just completely lost using it. I think that as the year progresses, I will be able to get more & more of them on the math program. But... ABCya has been a great program for ALL levels of students. There are so many good activities for both math and literacy, and there are also fun actvities that they can do for a little brain break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment